Monday 13 May 2013

Three Giddy Women, One Camper-van, Lots of Hope and a Sprinkle of Elvis.....

 

 
'Tis official....I'm in love, her name is Ruby and she is just gorgeous, filled with spotty cushions, bunting and fairy lights!
 
Mrs C, Mrs P and I have been hatching a plan for just a wee while now, to escape in Ruby.....and go hunting ourselves some treasure!
 
An Emergency Planning meeting was held last Thursday, venue, Mrs C house. Mainly to discuss important things like, picnic edibles and expedition departure times! (Actually, all this could very easily have been sorted through a little texting, but where's the fun in that!)
 
On the morning of said departure, I was fit to bursting with excitement, having not been in a campervan since I was 5 years old. Mrs P was, and I quote, "almost wetting" herself, as she had never actually been in a campervan before!
 
Mrs C, was a little more laid back, after all this was her everyday mode of transport.....EVERYDAY! She pops down to the local supermarket to pick up the shopping- in Ruby!!! (She was however giddy at watching us being giddy!) Three giddy women in a campervan, say no more!!!
 
And our destination? The Open Studio event at Hope and Elvis!
 
 
 
The Hope and Elvis workshop is set among the beautiful surroundings of Welbeck Estate, in Nottinghamshire.
 
 
We managed to go 'behind the scenes' so to speak, the bit where the public rarely go. Mrs P's grandparents were servants for the family, she showed us the cottage where they lived, and she was lucky to spend many days wondering around the magnificent buildings, what great childhood memories. Sadly many of them are now empty.
 
We all hoped we would find some treasure.....and we were NOT disappointed!
 
 
There was a very warm and welcoming atmosphere....
 

 
Fabric, cottons and all manner of bits and bobs!
 

 
Lovely things to see....and buy!
 
 
Everything a vintage lover could wish for.....
 
 
We've decided to save some of our pennies each week, and come to one of the many workshops held here! Three Giddy Women in a workshop, just imagine! Actually there will be lots of Giddy Women so we will fit in just fine!
 
 
We had a little wonder around the other studios.....
 
 
There's something so exciting about seeing other people's creative spaces don't you think?
 
And what about the treasure? Well we all came away as happy as- Three Giddy Wonen in a Campervan.....but more on that next time!
 
I'll pop over to see what everyone's been up to over the next couple of days, no doubt lots has been happening, it always does in Blogland!
 
 
Just to let you know these wallpapers are coming to the end of their roll, I'm always a little sad when they finish :( They are all very beautiful and have been very popular, but when they're gone they're gone!
 
Bye for now!
 
Ada- Treasure Hunter and Campervan Lover! :) xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 

50 comments:

  1. Ruby is fantastic and it seems you all had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have been very giddy too...especially seeing that Sooty book. EE xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Sooty, we used to go and see him at the local theatre! :) x

      Delete
  3. Ruby looks ace... I hear one needs serious muscles to move the steering wheel of those beauties... what adventures you'll have!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an Aladdin's cave! I think I would have to leave all plastic cards at home. I have never been in a camper van but love the look of Ruby, or a blue one or an olive green would do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cash only....I was scrabbling in the bottom of my bags for any penny I could find! :) x

      Delete
  5. ~ This is surely what life is all about!!!! Jollying around doing lots of vintage shopping with great gals! ~ In a little old camper van....Bet you had lots and lots of giggles!!It jolly well doesn't get any better than this!! Ooh la la....~ I have a big smile on me face :) Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the simple things that bring the most pleasure! :) x

      Delete
  6. What fun Ada!! So glad you had such a fabulous time!! Love all the vintage goodies!! Have a great week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo I am jealous, I love camper vans and Ruby looks amazing. I bet the three of you all had a blast!

    The studio looks fab love the figurines they look amazing too.


    P x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am deeply, deeply envious of your jaunt in that lovely camper van. Oh! The romance of them!Even more exciting than your destination, in my view!Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Ada, my dream trip! Off on a jolly in a camper van with lots of vintage shopping thrown in ... Heaven!

    Glad you had a fab time ... You deserve it sweetheart

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely at Louises isn't it? So glad you had a great time,though I think I want a Ruby of my own now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi There,What a wonderful fun way to attend a workshop!!!From now on nothing else will do, I'm sure!!!So ladies,you better save up for the next one!!!It might be just be a little further away and more fun!!!I also see a roadshow in the future!!!Something like the ladies on a cooking show(I admit,I have really forgotten the name of the show!!!It was great!!!)
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely day out with friends. That's a nice idea to take a workshop together, I imagine it will be a scream! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fab day out....I want to own a cobi van before I die....its on the bucket list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruby looks amazing! No wonder you were all giddy! Studio looks fab too.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fab! I've heard about the Hope and Elvis workshops and fancied doing one. It's not so far from me really. Looks like a properly brilliant day out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know when we've done one....I'm sure they will be brill! :) x

      Delete
  16. Three giddy women in such a splendid mansion!
    Can't go wrong!

    Have a nice evening,

    Brigitte from Belgium
    (at this moment having a giveaway: http://homeiswherethedachshundis.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a wonderful day out. Ruby is very cute. My Sister-in-law has a purple campervan called Gypsy. They're fab, if a little bumpy, to ride in. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was floating on a cloud...didn't notice the bumps! :) x

      Delete
  18. Sounds like a fabulous trip! I've always wanted to go for a jaunt in a camper van... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three men in a boat, three giddy gals on the loose.......I think you should write a book that I bet would be every bit as funny as anything Jerome K Jerome wrote.

    These are the days, the sunshine days that make everything alright again in our soul.
    I am smiling along with you, you write and I am so there with you....:-)
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I think everyone should have a Ruby in their life ... can't wait to see your treasures ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like soo much fun. Can I come next time......pretty please!!
    Rosiexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if I can have a day in your new studio! :) x

      Delete
  22. Don't suppose there's room for the odd hitchhiker! Your little road trip sounds great fun and lots of gorgeous pics.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Ruby is surely such a fine specimen of a campervan! And the lovely treasures you have shown us are to be coveted!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such fun! What a wonderful day out and it just wouldn't be the same doing it without Ruby. Can't wait to see your treasures :-) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you need a fourth member, Lucey would love to join in, haha. I was lucky enough to go on a Julie Arkell workshop at Hope and Elvis and we had a great time, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to have gone to that workshop....better get saving! :) x

      Delete
  26. I can see lots of fun and games happening in this camper van, lovely outings that you are going to tell us all about.
    Have great times on your travels, will look out for your camper van here in Leeds, you never know you might venture up here oner day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to have one of our crafty clubs in her....when it warms up, it's freezing here again! :) x

      Delete
  27. Wooo hoooo! for you Ada.....envy envy too...... would love to come with...shame I live so far away......dxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh me oh my!!! I am feeling a little breathless having scanned through each picture. Firstly Ruby, she is adorable and one like her has been on our list for a very long long time and we have been talking a great deal about this lately. Seeing her just makes it so much more of a priority. Now, Ruby filled with three giddy girls, such fun and what a wonderful thing to do together in style!! It looks like there was some very lovely treasure there and I almost stopped breathing when I got to the picture of the blue kitchen cupboard, sideboardie thingy (whatver one calls them)! What a wonderful way to spend a day, thanks so much for sharing and also thank you for your lovely comments over at mine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely pictures! I live near Welbeck so have been dying to go on a Hope and Elvis workshop for quite some time - one day I will have the funds! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fabulous time...love all your pictures, it looks like the perfect place to hunt for treasures, and how wonderful to travel in style in Ruby too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Ada, I haven't been reading blogs for a while and have just caught up with you. Your bedroom is gorgeous... I have the aqua pillowcases too and this is my favourite retro design. Love the dressing table and colour of the wardrobes. It is just my cup of tea! My husband declared a few years ago that under no circumstances were we allowed vintage pillowcases (it wasn't hygenic or something) and now he must have given up the fight. I know how to use a washing machine and have informed him of this. You have created a beautiful tranquil space. Have a good week and thank you as always for your cheery messages x

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know by looking at my header, I LOVE campervans too :) Looks like you had a blissful day! And loving the vintage suitcase used as a planter box - darling!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow I'm in awe of that van, LOVE IT!!!!!!!
    What a great day you had, so much to look at
    Wonderful
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wow, what an exciting adventure, that camervan is gorgeous. Cannot wait to see the goodies brought home. mel x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts and messages with me. I read each and everyone and will try and answer any questions as quickly as I can! :)x