Thursday, 22 November 2012
Lessons I Am Learning This Week.......
In no particular order of importance, but they are Very Good Lessons to learn!
1. Ensure children understand tree being made IS NOT to replace usual real tree, acquired for Christmas festivities! (Some tears were had, with exclamations of "Are we THAT poor that our Christmas tree has to be made out of old lampshades and sheets!" I am hopeful they will like it... eventually!).
2. Double sided sticky tape works better than glue.
3. Double sided sticky tape (DSST from now on, life's too short!) is a tricky medium, be VERY CAREFUL where you put it!
4. DSST has both good and evil properties, be very aware of its evil side, don't let it catch you unawares!
5. It can be very tricky to peel off backing from DSST, muttering very quietly under your breath, so children don't hear, helps! Although I'm still unsure why.
6. Thinner ribbons work better than the wider ones, less haste more speed!
7. It would have been wise to pay more attention to bandage application, during First Aid training!
8. Don't despair when you wake up in morning to find some unravellment of ribbons (think I have just made that word up, but I'm sure you know what I mean!) just get pegs and glue out! (Pegs lesson learnt from Ellie over at Jelly Jam during suitcase creations, it was very tiring holding down wallpaper whilst glue dried, it took me a long time to recover!).
9. I LOVE my 1970s Horrockses sheet!
10. Life isn't perfect......this tree doesn't have to be.....
11. Sarah Moore herself has expressed a desire to see the finished tree, this is one project that cannot remain a WIP!
This is all you get to see of the tree until December! It's taking some time, needs some patience, but then again, these creations are the ones I seem to get drawn too!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway, details on previous post....also details on how to get 20% off in my Etsy shop!
Welcome to all those of you who are new to Vintage Sheet Addict.....hope you are enjoying your visits!
Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate! Have a lovely Day!
Ada :) x